- I don't like checking boxes on official forms that lump me in the 40-50 category.
- I'm that much further away from earning the trust of the, "Never trust anyone over 30," believers.
- My children are more hip and cool than I can ever claim to be again, and have now decided it's their mission to make me dress more stylishly. You should see the girls debating the youthful-merits of a blouse or skirt and their horror when I suggest something I actually like.
- I can't believe my oldest is only home for 5 more years before heading off to college. I'm clearly no longer the biggest influence in her life..that role goes to her peers, and maybe Instagram? Yikes!
- It's inexplicable to me that I find myself feeling like I'm somewhere between 17 and 28, but my driver's license is irrefutable, contrary evidence.
- I'm actually pondering what life would be like as an empty-nester. I have a several years to go, but the realization that my family dynamics aren't permanent is an eye-opener.
All said, I propose counting down, rather than adding another year, at my next birthday. I'm certain I can tame the time-space continuum.