Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Two More Weeks

Tomorrow I'll hit the 38 week mark and boy am I feeling it. This is a full month futher than I carried Cleo and I just had no idea my stomach could get so huge or be in the way so much. I've given up on socks, shoes that require buckling, and picking things up off the floor except under duress (visiting teacher coming and I can't bear for her to see the toys on the floor). Fortunately Cleo and Gigi seem to be amused with my current physique and are almost always happy to help as long as I couch the request with a funny remark about my giant belly. They've taken to kissing my tummy goodnight, and frequently give their baby brother hugs by wrapping their arms around the expanse that is now my middle. JL has been a trooper, and has learned how to start the washer and dryer, as well as the dishwasher--a first in our marriage. Soon I'll need him to unload the dishwasher because I can't fit in the narrow space between it and the cupboards that most of the dishes go into. I'll visit the OB tomorrow, and will probably learn that I'm nowhere near delivering, but I could get lucky and be told to go straight to the hospital! Ah, wishful thinking.

8 comments:

Therese said...

amy, thanks for this post. i've been thinking about you and nearly expected this one to be an announcement of the birth! best wishes for the next few weeks...

Anonymous said...

wow, only 2 more weeks to go. That is huge *wink wink* hahahaha

John Lewis said...

Lest I appear to be one of those old-school husbands, I should clarify that I haven't previously mastered the interface of certain major appliances because operating them has been one of Amy's closeted hobbies and I've been instructed to stay clear of them. But, in this case, largesse oblige.

Melanie said...

I can't wait for the big announcement of this baby boy. I hope your water breaks in the middle of the night and you get to rush to the hospital!

Sarah said...

Amy! Remember us? : )

Congrats on your soon-to-be baby boy!! You're so close- can't wait to see him!

Tamee said...

I'm so happy that your pregnancy is going so well. We can't wait to see what a little John Louis looks like. Give a girls a hug. Wish we were there to have them come play. Miss ya and love ya

Loralee Choate said...

DUDE, I am so late with this, but I am thankful to at least have some kind of computer to be commenting on.

By now you are down to like, ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!

EEEEEKKKKK!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ooo, it would be so awe-tacular if you had the babe today... get on that will ya ;-)