Tuesday, December 04, 2007

No News is Good News, Right?

You may have noticed that I haven't been blogging lately. The truth of the matter is I've been sick, really, really sick with hyperemisis, also known as extreme, extensive, awful, never-ending morning, noon and night sickness. That's right, we're expecting a baby boy sometime around the 1st of March, if all goes well.

We found out just a couple of weeks before moving into our new house, and I've been ill and un-inspired to blog ever since. There's just something about choosing ones food based on how it will taste coming back up that doesn't stir the creative writing juices. I am slowly getting better, and am lots of big drugs to help me get through each day. I also gave up trying to unpack the masses of boxes filling our garage months ago, and instead have focused on just getting Cleo to and from kindergarten each day, and shuttling both girls to ballet class each week while JL takes on more responsibilities at work (in fact he's actually testifying before a senate committee next week.)

The good news is that we're very happy to be expecting a baby boy. Cleo and Gigi are excited to be big sisters, and come up with creative names for their new sibling. The current favorite is Buttercup, which as Cleo rightly points out could work for a boy or a girl. We've promised Gigi that the baby won't chew on Owie (her special towel) and she's determined the baby will sleep in her baby-doll crib with her other stuffed animals.

4 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

YAY!!! You blogged!!!!

I am so excited for you that you are having a boy. I cannot wait. I know he is going to be the cutest thing, ever.

It was also so happy to see your entry pop up in my feeder. GRIN!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting. I'm so sorry for your extended vomit-filled adventure and hope you'll feel better soon (before March hopefully!).

Melanie said...

I am so so so excited!! This is the BEST news ever!!! Of course the whole misery part is terrible and I feel awful for you. But come March...it will be awesome!! Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!

P.S. Wigberto is the best baby boy name ever. Run in by the girls...I'm sure they will love it.

Claudia said...

Congratulations!!! Baby boys are so much fun! We live in Texas now, and actually know someone named Zeke - run that by the girls!