Friday, June 15, 2007

Rehab

If you've been listening to the radio, you've probably heard Amy Winehouse's latest hit "Rehab." Trying to shelter my my kids, and not field any questions like, "what's rehab, mommy?" I changed the lyrics. Between my my kids hearing the song wrong and attempting to sing along with my helpful encouragement, we now sing the song with new and improved lyrics. I'll post both versions of the chorus below and you tell me which you like best.

Original

They tried to make me go to rehab
I said no, no, no.
Yes I been black, but when I come back
You wont know, know, know.

I ain't got the time
And if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab
I won't go, go, go.

Ours

They tried to make me go to recess
I said no, no, no.
Yes I been bad, but when I come back
You won't know, know, know.

I ain't got the time
And my daddy thinks I'm five
He's tried to make me go to recess
I won't go go go.

P.S. Cleo and Gigi totally crack up when they sing "my daddy thinks I'm fiiiive."

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

HA! She is so freaking edgy. The back to black album is awesome.
I like your words better. ;)

Navy Blue Cardigan said...

She is edgy, but I totally dig her 60's cat-eye eye-liner!