Monday, June 18, 2007

How I waste my time

Like most people, I have a list of blogs I read on a regular basis, and since nothing of particular importance is going on at my house today (other than my postponing organizing for our move) I thought I'd share those sites I check on and why.

In random order:


The Pony Tail Club, at http://ponytailclub.com

This is my very cool niece's blog about all things horse. It's has funny writing, great graphics, and touches on a variety of things related to horses.

Loralee's Looney Tunes at loraleeslooneytunes.com

This blog is written and updated frequently by my college roommate Loralee. She has a crazy and fun life so you never know what what you're going to get.

I don't know this blogger personally, but Kerflop at kerflop.com is a great writer. She and Loralee have become friends so I can claim one degree of separation.

Karen, at artofinvisibility.wordpress.com has my dream job as a children's librarian. I like reading about her library adventures. Yes, I'm a total nerd.

I keep track of my friend Danielle at her blog wakethedinosaurs.blogspot.com She'd love to get comments, so feel free to drop by.

These friends from Virginia, travandmel.blogspot.com keep me up to date on their families comings and goings, and crack me up when they post their great K-Mart purchases.

I like reading the advice given on www.elderwisdomcircle.org . It's a great concept. People write letters asking for advice, and retirees with life experience respond. The topics range from gardening to divorce, so pretty much everything is covered.

I also like checking in on People.com so I can get my fix on celebrity gossip and find out who's dating who and who's wearing what. It's cheaper than buying magazines.

I also check on the blog JL kept while we were in China, two summer's ago, found at meetgigi.blogspot.com

I like to visit it and see how much my kids have changed, and if any new spammers have posted a message so I can delete it.

There's a few more here and there, but I check these on a daily/weekly basis.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

SWEET!! I made this list!! haha I always think our blog is kind of boring to non-family, so thanks for sticking with us! I always find your blog way more fascinating than ours (kind of how your life is way more fascinating than ours haha) and I LOVE your posts about motherhood/kids.

That elder wisdom blog sounds awesome, I think I'll check that out!

Loralee Choate said...

I heart your blog, little guy.
You are the one who really inspired the whole blogging thing with me in the first place! It's a totally great way to keep in touch.

I am guilty of the people.com fix, too. It's on my google page. Sigh.