Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another Letter from my Daughter's School

I received this lovely letter when I picked up Cleo from school yesterday.

EXPOSURE NOTICE

DEAR PARENTS:

On Friday 5-4-07 your child MAY have been exposed to the contagious disease that is checked below. The information provided does not replace consultation with your medical provider if your child is ill.


DISEASES THAT CAUSES RASH:

X CHICKEN POX (Varicella)
Onset of symptoms 2-3 weeks after exposure.
Symptoms include fever, irritability, and and itchy rash.
The rash resembles small blisters that first appear on the body, then on the face.
Children may return to school/child care 7 days after onset of the rash and if all the blisters are dry.


My question is, how do I tell her normal irritability from the special chicken pox kind? And with the current heat wave we're having with temperatures reaching 100+ and our home lacking air conditioning, will I be able to tell if she has a fever or rash because she'll just look hot and sweaty like the rest of us?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should seriously assemble some kind of book o' love from a preschool and sell it on Amazon!

Loralee Choate said...

OMGosh, Karen! I was thinking the exact same thing.

OR, if you wrote a "Mom" book, those could be the opening to each chapter.

That would be awesome (Though the possibilities of Chicken Pox is NOT)