Thursday, March 13, 2008
For Christmas I was given a paperwhite bulb kit. The instructions were easy and they were guaranteed to bloom within 4-6 weeks of planting them in the provided pot. Thinking it would be fun, I postponed planting the bulbs until 6 weeks before I was due and told myself that when the flowers blossomed I'd have the baby.
I've been watching my paperwhites for 7 weeks now. They've sprouted multiple 12 inch green stocks, but week after week they've failed to blossom. I've (my doctor and I) have decided that it's not longer important to have the flowers bloom at the same time I have the baby, and to go ahead and induce tomorrow.
I'm excited, but leery, knowing that this really increases my chances of having a c-section, and the OB was quick to tell me that if things don't go perfectly routinely that a c-section is likely to happen. I was even told by my doula that she's surprised they are even still letting me try for a VBAC, since I'm a week overdue, and they are more successful earlier on.
My next post, whenever that may be, should announce the arrival of our baby! Wish me luck!